Google Cultural Institute
Check out the Google Cultural Institute.
This site, created by Google, helps to preserve and promote culture online. The Google Cultural Institute brings together millions of artifacts from multiple partners, with the stories that bring them to life, in a virtual museum.
With a team of dedicated engineers, Google is building tools that make it simple to tell the stories of our diverse cultural heritage and make them accessible worldwide. This site provides a visually rich and interactive online experience for telling cultural stories in new ways. Discover exhibits by expert curators, find artifacts, view photographs, read original manuscripts, watch videos, and more. Google works with organizations from across the globe on a variety of projects; presenting thousands of works of art online through the Art Project, bringing to life the wonders of the world through the World Wonders Project and showcasing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Here you will find all sorts of interesting information about culture and history:
- News and features announcements
- Tips and tricks about Google Cultural Institute’s exhibits and features
- Spotlights on cultural themes and personalities on the site
- Stories behind historic and cultural events and people
- Hangouts about all sorts of cultural topics
- #CITrivia, a chance for you to show off your knowledge in culture and history